Friday, December 13, 2013

Lesson plan: Birthdays are fun!

Grade: 6
Time: 45min.
Objectives: 

Educational: to practise writing and talking about important dates.
Cultural:  to talk about different nations’   birthday traditions and customs.
Communicative: to listen and sing an English song, to discuss about birthday presents.
Practical: to enable pupils to speak and write about their birthdays.

Materials: Handouts, pictures, realia, worksheets, presents, birthday cards,  video song (youtube).
I – Warming up:
Copy and complete the Word Spider. Eg. Flowers, cake.


Matching activity: Match the words and pictures
 a)cake
b)flowers
c)computer
d) bike
e)presents
f)a box of chocolate
g)robot


 


Read and put in order

1. Love
2. see you
3. on July 12
4. Dear John
5. I want to come
6. Tom
7. Thank you for your invitation

Watch and sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCJSNMqub8g




Fill in gaps

Dear ...
Thank you very much for the….. I……a great birthday. I…..a computer, a bike, a…., a……and  …I very happy. I.. a big birthday party. I…. very happy because I…a big chocolate birthday cake. My friends and I…..12 Coco Colas from my mother.
Bye bye. 
Write soon.
Love
...

Write about your birthday

begin with:
My birthday was ...

Make a birthday card to your friend


Note: My students adore crafting and drawing. The best visual resources are my students' creative works.You can see them on facebook. 

  https://www.facebook.com/dilorom.hushvaktova/media_set?set=a.290357361001203.58682.100000808250583&type=3








No comments:

Post a Comment