Saturday, April 21, 2012

Seven Wonders


Have you ever discussed about 7 wonders with your students in English lessons?
How can we create “7wonders” activities?
When I prepared Independence Day of Uzbekistan lesson plan I used 7 wonders of Uzbekistan from Wikipedia Uzbekistan:

“Seven wonders of Uzbekistan”:
1.     Rivers
2.     Mountains
3.     Weather.
4.     Land
5.     Resources
6.     Bread
7.     Buildings.

“Seven wonder of human life”:
1.     Touch
2.     Taste
3.     See
4.     Hear
5.     Feel
6.     Laugh
7.     Love.
It’s very effective way to improve pupils’ critical thinking skills through discussion about different 7 wonders e.g. “7 wonders of  websites”, “7 wonders of Nature”, “7 wonders of sport”, “7 wonders of my city/town/village”, “ Seven wonders around me”, “ 7 wonders of learning English”. My pupils grade 8 have discussed about “7 wonders of learning English” and they discovered 7 points.
“Seven wonders of learning English”:
1.     Language knowledge
2.     Culture knowledge
3.     Communicating in English
4.     Using I-net in English
5.     Respect other languages
6.     International friendship
7.     Consolidating relationship




2 comments: